harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "xiaoming gu" <xiaoming...@gmail.com>
Subject why do_field_sorting turned off when calculating offset for fields?
Date Fri, 19 Dec 2008 07:25:10 GMT
Hi, all. I'm studying fields' offsets these days. I find there are some
ordering operations for instance fields and static fields seperately in
assign_offsets_to_fields() in Prepare.cpp. These orderings are according to
field size to reduce internal fragmentation. I don't know why such
operations are turned off by default. Is there any concern I missed? Thanks.

I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word
in reality.  --Martin Luther King Jr.