harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Tony Wu" <wuyue...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib]Make harmony's modularity better
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2008 09:54:37 GMT
done for Encoder[1],

I just defered the initializtion for awt and swing classes. I think it
is not necessary to do a sync here since even more than one threads
entered this initialization block, they do harm to functionality. Also
the overhead is acceptable, we will pay for no much extra effort than
reading 2 boolean values and 2 getName.startWith, and when the
awt/swing initialzion have been done once, it becomes reading 2
boolean values only in each call. I also marked these booleans to
volatile in order to minimize the potential overhead caused by cache.

[1]