harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Tony Wu" <wuyue...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib]Make harmony's modularity better
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2008 10:26:17 GMT
Hi, all

Just came across a problem. when I was running beans without the
applet.jar in classpath, the jre throws "NoClassFoundExcetipn: Applet"
and exit even the bean class I was operating was not an applet. I did
a quick look into the Beans.java, there are some code  for applet
specific initialization,

if (result != null) {
			// Applet specific initialization
			if (result instanceof Applet) {
				appletLoaded((Applet) result, loader, beanName, context,
						initializer, deserialized);
			}
			if (null != context) {
				context.add(result);
			}
		}

I think at least we can make some change to the the line "result
instanceof Applet", such as getClass.getName.equals to avoid this
unexpected exit.
Furthermore, I just simply deleted the dependencies to some non-luni
classes in the manifest files. By tracing these compiler errors in
eclipse, I found there are some similiar cases in beans and other
modules as well, I'm going to tidy up these code and make our
modularity better.

It is welcome if anyone has interest on this task and would like to help.
--
Tony Wu
China Software Development Lab, IBM