harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "chunrong lai" <chunrong...@gmail.com>
Subject Enable the MACRO _DEBUG_CHECK_NULL_
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2008 09:08:19 GMT
hi, colleagues:
     I am asking for the support of other committers to enable the MACRO
_DEBUG_CHECK_NULL_ (in include/jit_runtime_support.h), because of the rule
of M8 code frozen period.
     I need the MACRO to enable the test case as in HARMONY-6013, which
throws uncaught NullPointerException. The exception comes with the stub of
vm_rt_monitor_enter.  We had not met the reported exception because we
originally have two null checkings with that. The first one is just before
the stub. The second is inside the stub.
     Now we find that the first null checking before the stub will be
removed after some aggressive optimizations. Also a commit r659128 moved the
null checking (and exception throwing) codes inside the stub into the
regions guarded by the disabled macro  MACRO _DEBUG_CHECK_NULL_ . As the
result drlvm just fails in running such test cases.
     Buqi is checking JIT codes to prepare another patch. But I am not sure
if we should wait and include the patch in M8. Or we can just try that after
code unfrozen.