harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey Petrenko" <alexey.a.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A few questions/help.
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2008 10:20:48 GMT
Hi, Diab.

IBM has not opened the source code of j9 vm, as far as I know.
However, you can implement and test your new algorithms with drlvm,
which is available in Harmony. Drlvm already has number GC
implementations and it is possible to add one more.

Probably the best contact person for GC related stuff in Harmony is
Xiao-Feng Li. I believe that he will come up with the comments.

Thanks in advance.

SY, Alexey

P.S. Welcome to Harmony :)

2008/11/13 Diab Abuaiadh <diab_a@hotmail.com>:

> Dear Sir/Madam, I have a few questions/help. Please let me introduce myself.My name is
diab abuaiadh. I worked at ibm and invented the parallel compactionalgorithms implemented
at ibm products (sov and j9). I left IBM at 2006.I have new algorithms for the garbage collection
and I am very interested to implementthese algorithms. I have a few questions for you: did
IBM gave j9 to the open source community?In other words, can I get the code for j9 and implement/test
my new algorithms? I will be happy to share some of the ideas I have with the open source
community. Thank you for your help,Diab.