harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Fedotov" <alexei.fedo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Anyone plans to enable interpreter + jit in client mode?
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2008 08:13:18 GMT
I've recently visited Google talk on V8 [1]. They describe their
strategy on slide 23. Lars clarified that pre-compiled meant
"pre-parsed": they did not use any byte code for javascript and
populated interal strucutres efficiently from cache. They still
compile things to assembly on fly.

Wenlong, hope you find Google's work encouraging to implement these
features in DRLVM.

[1] Slides 23, 26 at http://www.scribd.com/doc/7679898/V8DelevopersDaysodp

--
С уважением,