harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Wenlong Li" <wenl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Anyone plans to enable interpreter + jit in client mode?
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2008 06:28:06 GMT
Aleksey,

I am trying your delayed recompilation patch, and will let you know the result.

As for interpreter vs. jet or client, I measured the VM creation time
of Harmony, and found interpreter takes the least time to create
Harmony VM, e.g., 94 ms, while jet takes 121 ms, and client takes 140
ms (all these time are for Harmony). At the same time, I compared
Harmony with RI in client mode for JVM2008 startup benchmarks. Results
show RI is around 2x faster than Sun's 1.5.0_15.

Any thought or comment?

Thx,
Wenlong