harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Diab Abuaiadh <dia...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Sorry...I was not clear in my previous post....I hope this one is more clear
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2008 12:36:35 GMT

Thank you for the info and for the links.
Diab.> Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 12:23:33 +0000> From: t.p.ellison@gmail.com> To: dev@harmony.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Sorry...I was not clear in my previous post....I hope this one is more clear>
> Diab Abuaiadh wrote:> > Hi Xiaofeng,> > > > I left IBM at 2006. I thought
that IBM gave J9 to the open source community.> > If I have J9 or (sun jvm...I think
it is called sov) I will be able to implement> > the new algorithms in short time....Maybe
one month or less.> > > > I am not familiar with DRLVM...I am afraid it may take
time to implement > > the new algorithms....the other things is if I implement the new
algorithms> > on J9, I will be able to compare the result with the previous algorithm
in J9.> > If you write a new algorithm on DRLVM you can still compare it to the>
existing J9 algorithm :-) or the DRLVM algorithms.> > We are aiming to improve the DRLVM
in this project, as mentioned> elsewhere, J9 is not open source so no opportunity for you
to contribute> directly there.
 > > > Question: what algrithms you use to implement the garbage collection in DRLVM?>
> what compaction algorithm you use?> > Did you look at the website already? There
are a number of documents> that will be of interest to you, including a How-To for new
GC> algorithms [1]> > I suggest you check your ability to contribute to the project,
then> describe your ideas and work with Xiao-Feng and everyone on this list to> implement
it. I'm sure you'll get some useful feedback.> > [1] http://harmony.apache.org/subcomponents/drlvm/gc-howto.html>
> Regards,> Tim
Explore the seven wonders of the world