harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Diab Abuaiadh <dia...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Sorry...I was not clear in my previous post....I hope this one is more clear
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2008 11:30:03 GMT

Hi Xiaofeng,

I left IBM at 2006. I thought that IBM gave J9 to the open source community.
If I have J9 or (sun jvm...I think it is called sov) I will be able to implement
the new algorithms in short time....Maybe one month or less.

I am not familiar with DRLVM...I am afraid it may take time to implement
the new algorithms....the other things is if I implement the new algorithms
on J9, I will be able to compare the result with the previous algorithm in J9.

Question: what algrithms you use to implement the garbage collection in DRLVM?
what compaction algorithm you use?

Thanks for the info,
Diab.> Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 19:17:41 +0800> From: xiaofeng.li@gmail.com> To: dev@harmony.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Sorry...I was not clear in my previous post....I hope this one is more clear>
> On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 6:24 PM, Diab Abuaiadh <diab_a@hotmail.com> wrote:>
>> > Friends,> > I have a few quesions for you and your help is very appreciated:>
>> > 1- Can I get the code for j9 (the garbage collection part)?> > 2- Is it
legally OK if I modify the code? Did IBM "donated" this code to the> > open source community?
Can I take it and modify it?> >> > I have new algorithms that I am interested
to implement/test. Some of these> > algorithms are extension to the algorithms I did
at IBM 5 years ago.> >> > Diab, I am not from IBM so I can't answer your questions.
Well I have> a question, :)> > Is it possible for you to experiment your GC algorithm
with Harmony> DRLVM? Or what specific difficulties do you expect from DRLVM?> > Thanks,>
xiaofeng> > > Sorry, my previous post was
> Explore the seven wonders of the world> > http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?q=7+wonders+world&mkt=en-US&form=QBRE>
> > > -- > http://xiao-feng.blogspot.com
Discover the new Windows Vista