harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Aleksey Shipilev" <aleksey.shipi...@gmail.com>
Subject [drlvm][jitrino][test] Large contribution of reliability test cases for DRLVM+Dacapo
Date Sun, 23 Nov 2008 23:14:32 GMT
Hi,

I had already done the same thing for JikesRVM [1] and now the time
for Harmony has come.

As the part of my MSc thesis I had used GA to swizzle the JIT
configuration for DRLVM in search of optimal one for running
DaCapo/SciMark2
benchmarks. While the performance data is re-verified (there are
preliminary +10% on some sub-benchmarks, btw), I had parsed the
failure logs and this gives me 5.700+ emconfs [2] on which
DRLVM/Jitrino is failing.

The thing that makes those reports really interesting, is that most of
the configurations tested lies near local maxima of performance due to
the nature of search. That makes the tests more valuable as they test
possible near-optimal configurations.

If someone interested in those and wishes to hear more info on the
reports, please don't hesitate to ask :)
I would eventually elaborate on some of these crashes, but not in the
nearest future.

Thanks,
Aleksey.

[1] http://www.nabble.com/-rvm-research--Large-contribution-of-JikesRVM%2BDaCapo-reliability-tests-td20531805.html