harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Aleksey Shipilev" <aleksey.shipi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Anyone plans to enable interpreter + jit in client mode?
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2008 07:38:50 GMT
On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 10:24 AM, Wenlong Li <wenlong@gmail.com> wrote:
> btw, I tried your delayed recompilation patch, and found it doesn't
> bring performance benefit for my test case.
That was Alexey Fedotov, but the patch is mine ;)

> After checking the code,
> it sounds like the recompilation doesn't happen as the profiling
> result doesn't exceed the threshold. So recompilation is not time
> consuming in VM creation.
Once again, what's consuming most of the time on executing
SPECjvm2008:startup? Is there methods from workload that ought to
recompile but does not? What's the compilation overhead?

Without that data, all we saying is speculation on general case :)

Thanks,
Aleksey.