harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Aleksey Shipilev" <aleksey.shipi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Anyone plans to enable interpreter + jit in client mode?
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2008 06:09:12 GMT
Harmony's way to "interpret bytecode" is to compile it with JET. Last
time I measured JET overhead, it was relatively small, like 5% of
overall execution time on Eclipse startup. On another hand, if you
compare performance on JET-compiled code of Harmony (-Xem:jet) with
performance of code interpreted by any  RI, you will see JET rocks. My
other measurements shows JET-compiled code is like 3x times faster
than Sun's 1.5.0_10 interpretation ;)

Have you any data supporting your proposal?

Thanks,
Aleksey.