harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][luni] Tidying up OSNetworkSystem
Date Fri, 28 Nov 2008 13:01:40 GMT
I have cleaned up socket read and write code in the OSNetworkSystem natives.

Things are working ok for java.net code, but the NIO SocketChannel stuff
breaks if I switch it from the current hokey receiveStream
implementation - so I've left it in there as deprecated for a while
while the NIO code is fixed up.

It looks like the SocketChannel impl needs some review.  Some simple
examples are not working, and there are strange assumptions (e.g.
timeout values for blocking and non-blocking?! sockets).

I feel like I'm pulling a thread here that could unravel all sorts ;-)

Regards,
Tim