harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Zhou <zhoukevi...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib][luni] Redundant and repeated external properties loading using ResourceBundle may degrade performance.
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2008 02:08:14 GMT
Hi,
I read some code in LUNI module of Harmony.
(org.apache.harmony.luni.util.Msg/MsgHelp and java.util.ResourceBundle)
I found that Harmony uses ResourceBundle to load messages from external
properties file.
e.g. Once it requires a message "K0046", it will always use
ResourceBundle to go through the
org.apache.harmony.luni.util.ExternalMessages.properties file to search it.
I think such redundant and repeated I/O operations may degrade our
performance.

Why not use a hashtable to store all the external messages? It only
requires several I/O operations initially!