harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Regis <xu.re...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [performance] Startup cost is high for Harmony (HARMONY-6002)
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2008 12:24:07 GMT
IMHO, it isn't negative to modularity of Harmony itself at developing
time, but it is at deployment or runtime. For example, someone want to
replace concurrent module with another implementation, he just need to
replace the concurrent.jar, that's enough. But if we pack them into one
big jar, he need to unpack, replace and pack again. That also work, but
isn't convenient and straightforward.
In general, a jar means this is relatively independent module, could be
removed or replaced if you want. If some jars are heavily coupled, it's
better to pack them into one.

Best Regards,
Regis.