harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Gertsvolf" <ma...@nortel.com>
Subject RE: [general] Harmony on PowerPC
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2008 16:29:24 GMT
Oliver Deakin wrote:
> I have worked on porting the Harmony class library to the PPC
> Linux platform, and have a working local copy which is able
> to pass 99% of the Harmony class library tests (running on
> top of a specially built version of the IBM VME for that
> platform). Most of the changes required are already in
> Harmony Subversion, although I have a few small changes here
> that will need to be made via a contribution to the project.
> Note, this porting work has been carried out on the class
> libraries only, not on DRLVM.

Hi Oliver,

Thank you for your response.
Do you know which revision and svn stream contains the PPC porting?
Would you be willing to share a patch with your additional local
changes?
It sounds like in your environment you are using IBM JVM to
port/validate Harmony classlib.
My main interest is to get to a working JVM for my Linux platform.
Do you see any additional challenges with getting the Harmony DRLVM to
run on PPC platform? Pavel already alerted my on the fact that there is
no JIT for PPC. Are there any other gotchas?
I am curious about the IBM VME you mention in your post. Is it a
standard IBM JVM, or custom? Is there a way to get a custom JVM from
IBM?

Thank you in advance,
Mark.