harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Gertsvolf" <ma...@nortel.com>
Subject [general] Harmony on PowerPC
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2008 03:34:42 GMT
Hello,

I am trying to run Java application on a PowerPC Linux distro, which is
old - Kernel 2.4.22 and glibc 2.3.2.
I could not use off-the-shelf binary distributions of JVM from Sun or
IBM as I need to build the JVM from source using my toolchain. With help
from this list (Thank you, Tim) I was able to successfully run my Java
application with Harmony on CentOS 5, x86 as an initial proof of
concept.

I am now trying to build Harmony on PowerPC platform. I have built a few
modules of classlib, but encountered a problem in threads portlib
module, where a number of functions are implemented in assembly language
and the ppc implementation is missing.
Apart from portlib thread module there seem to exist only two more VM
modules with assembly code and PPC specific implementation is missing.

The "supported platforms" section on the project website indicates that
the PPC port is in progress.
What is the current status of PowerPC porting? Is anybody running
Harmony on PowerPC?

Thank you in advance,
Mark.