harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Sian January" <sianjanu...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [milestone8] Time for M8?
Date Mon, 27 Oct 2008 09:57:09 GMT
Ok - thanks Chunrong.

Looking at our website[1], I think we did agree at some point to do a
week's feature freeze followed by a week's code freeze, so I'm
inclined to go with that unless anyone has any objections.

That would mean starting a feature freeze later today, then a code
freeze next Monday with a view to releasing the milestone on Friday
7th November.  It does mean we won't have the milestone out in time
for ApacheCon US though, so if anyone feels strongly about this please
say now.

[1] http://harmony.apache.org/subcomponents/buildtest/index.html -
"Before a release date there is 1 week feature freeze period and 1
week code freeze period".

2008/10/26 chunrong lai <chunronglai@gmail.com>:
> I myself thought next Monday is the "feature freeze" day when is about a
> week earlier than the full code freeze. Sorry for the confusion. I would
> just like to have some features and bug fixed before next year.
>
> On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 6:28 PM, Sian January <sianjanuary@googlemail.com>wrote:
>
>> Chunrong - just to clarify, I was suggesting a full code freeze from
>> next Monday (i.e. only essential commits that are approved by at least
>> two committers).  Is that what your +1 is for?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Sian
>>
>> 2008/10/24 chunrong lai <chunronglai@gmail.com>:
>>  >  +1.
>> >  I have not development plan in hand.
>> >  But I want to check some issues, include those from ehwa-api and
>> > concurrent tests.
>> >  I also think that some JIRA patches can be reviewed and committed before
>> > M8.
>> >
>> >   Thanks.

It

>> 3-monthly