harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "bu qi cheng" <buqi.ch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][jit][opt][performance] Inliner heuristics improvements: hotness and instance initializer bonuses
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2008 05:57:59 GMT
Hi Aleksey:

    I agree with you that hotness bonus fix is a good fix.

    After more consideration, I think,  for instance initializer, there is
no need to inline it. Alse there is no need for the escape analysis directed
inline as what I mention in last email. Since most of performance is come
from the synchornization elimination and inlining of nextDouble, if escape
analysis can find that the object is none-escape, and eliminate the
synchorinization will be all right. I will check if escape analysis and do
analysis and optimization for multi level methods.

   No problem, I will run SPECjvm2008 again. I have ever run it(But did not
record the data). No explicit penalty found.
   Yes, inline will be tuned again and the logic will be double checked. I
will report the new data to you after I get any result.

Thanks!

Buqi