harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Can Harmony be built on Xeon(64 bit) architecture
Date Mon, 20 Oct 2008 08:27:17 GMT

In message <8432f67d0810200112k6563d24dr7a7ab2cba1660856@mail.gmail.com>,
"Chen Yang" writes:

> Please try to remove the *-march=pentium3* from the gcc's option list,
> that option caused the problem. Hope it helps.

Yibin,

Ignore this.  Or you'll end you spend days trying to manual covert all
of the 32-bit compiler options to 64-bit versions.  See my previous note
for some other ideas.

Chen Yang,

I don't think this will be helpful.  For some reason, the classlib build
is using the flags for a 32-bit build.  We need to understand why it
thinks that is the platform it should be building for rather than trying
to manually fix the build flags (you'd also need to fix -DHYX86 to
-DHYX86_64, -DLINUX_X86 to -DLINUX_X86_64, etc).

Regards,
 Mark