harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [tools] jretools
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2008 07:13:45 GMT

I suppose we could manage without changing package names.  Initially I
did it because I wondered if I might end up having a top-level build of
all the classes much like we do in classlib and it made this slightly
cleaner.  But I hope there is a better way to handle the simpler
dependencies (common classes needed by both jretools and jdktools).

Now I've committed the split changing the names (again/back) would be
trivial but I'd like to resolve the following issue first.

We need to decide is if we should have two or three tools jars.  (We
could have one and include the jdktools classes in the jre but I don't
really like that idea.)

Do we make the jdktools jar depend on the jretools jar to resolve
the common classes or do we have a separate common tools jar which
both jdktools or jretools jars depend upon?  I was thinking of going
with just two.  (We could have two with no dependencies and keep the
duplicate classes but I don't like this idea either.)

Regards,
-Mark