harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Fedotov" <alexei.fedo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error in printing on the remote printer
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2008 11:11:41 GMT
Rahul,

I believe adding 1.0 support is quite straightforward. You might want
commenting exception throwing in IppPrinter.java to detect the next
place where your internet printer would miscomunicate to the client.

Thanks.

On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 11:41 AM, Srivastava, Rahul Kumar
<rahul-kumar.srivastava@hp.com> wrote:
> Hi  Alexei ,
>  Thanks for your response, well it's clear to me now, adding to it, is there a way we
can change Harmony to support both 1.0 and 1.1 , the reason is all third party tool like ShineSoft,
Xerox IPP Client they support to both 1.0 and 1.1 version.
> I have seen the request/response header for both the protocol which are quiet similar,
can we make the IPP client to work and support both 1.0 and 1.1?

> Regards,
> Rahul

for port 80 rather than 631. When I fixed that, I was able to contact to the remote printer
but now I am getting the following error :-To me it looks like a version issue.

>> javax.print.PrintException:
>> org.apache.harmony.x.print.ipp.IppException: Can't use ipp printer
>> <http://........> IPP version: 1.0 Operation id/Status code: 0x503
>> Request id: 0x1
>> ---- Attributes group: 0x1(Operation Attributes) attribute tag:
>> 0x47(CHARACTERSTRING) attribute name: attributes-charset
>> utf-8
>>
>> attribute tag: 0x48(CHARACTERSTRING)
>> attribute name: attributes-natural-language en-us
>>
>> attribute tag: 0x41(CHARACTERSTRING)
>> attribute name: status-message
>> Server: (503) Version Not Supported
>>
>> Regards,
>> Rahul

>>> org.apache.harmony.x.print.ipp.IppPrinter.<init>(IppPrinter.java:87)
>>> at

--
With best regards,
Alexei