harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Fedotov" <alexei.fedo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error in printing on the remote printer
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2008 15:43:09 GMT
Hello Rahul,
Let me try linking your picture to the code.

> any idea to which IPP version the Harmony CUPS client supports? Is it 1.0 or 1.1 or both?
Harmony asks printer to support 1.1 version:
> working_classlib/modules/print/src/main/java/common/org/apache/harmony/x/print/ipp/IppPrinter.java:
request.setVersion(1, 1);

The printer responds:
> IPP version: 1.0
> Operation id/Status code: 0x503
0x503 server-error-version-not-supported

Harmony does not continue with 1.0 printer and fails with the exception.
Thanks.

[1] IPP 1.0, http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2910.txt?number=2910
[2] IPP 1.1, http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2910.txt?number=3380
[3] 0x503 status, http://www.shinesoft.com/ipr/readme.txt

On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 7:05 PM, Srivastava, Rahul Kumar
<rahul-kumar.srivastava@hp.com> wrote:
> Hi Friends,
>  Any help here?, It's really urgent.
>
> Regards,
> Rahul

for port 80 rather than 631. When I fixed that, I was able to contact to the remote printer
but now I am getting the following error :-To me it looks like a version issue.

--
With best regards,
Alexei