harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Srivastava, Rahul Kumar" <rahul-kumar.srivast...@hp.com>
Subject RE: Error in printing on the remote printer
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2008 16:49:32 GMT
Hi Alexei,
 I have done this in the past, by changing the version and commenting out the code , so I
bypassed the error , but it didn't work, though there was no error but same time I was not
able to post the document in the printer queue.

Regards,
Rahul

-----Original Message-----
From: Alexei Fedotov [mailto:alexei.fedotov@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2008 10:12 PM
To: dev@harmony.apache.org
Subject: Re: Error in printing on the remote printer

Rahul,
I'm sorry, my message lacked the context. I meant the following:

1. Replace the line 63 of the file the file modules/print/src/main/java/common/org/apache/harmony/x/print/ipp/IppPrinter.java
with (1, 0) version request.
2. Comment the lines 79-88 in the file
modules/print/src/main/java/common/org/apache/harmony/x/print/ipp/IppPrinter.java
so they don't generate the error message you mention and pass gracefully.
3. Build the corresponding print.jar file.
4. Try connecting to the printer once again.

In case this won't work don't hesitate to ask. I hope this at least would give us the next
location to look at.
Thanks!

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 8:22 PM, Srivastava, Rahul Kumar <rahul-kumar.srivastava@hp.com>
wrote:
> Hi Alexei,
>  I turned the verbose on, and the the error message was quiet clear
> that Server: (503) Version Not Supported. See the error message below
>
> javax.print.PrintException:

> Regards,
> Rahul

(using debugging prints or eclipse debugger, for example), it would be easier to understand
what went wrong.

> Thanks!
>
> On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 7:20 PM, Srivastava, Rahul Kumar <rahul-kumar.srivastava@hp.com>
wrote:
>> I tried with several possible way, by commenting out the portion which does the version
checking, ignoring the exception message, but this didn't worked. Is it something that CUPSClient
would work only with the printer installed in the Unix/Linux OS, and not with the Windows
printers? Let me know if you would like to advise me something on this.

>> Regards,
>> Rahul

a way we can change Harmony to support both 1.0 and 1.1 , the reason is all third party tool
like ShineSoft, Xerox IPP Client they support to both 1.0 and 1.1 version.
similar, can we make the IPP client to work and support both 1.0 and 1.1?

was configured for port 80 rather than 631. When I fixed that, I was able to contact to the
remote printer but now I am getting the following error :-To me it looks like a version issue.

--
With best regards,
Alexei