harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Srivastava, Rahul Kumar" <rahul-kumar.srivast...@hp.com>
Subject RE: Error in printing on the remote printer
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2008 15:20:02 GMT
I tried with several possible way, by commenting out the portion which does the version checking,
ignoring the exception message, but this didn't worked. Is it something that CUPSClient would
work only with the printer installed in the Unix/Linux OS, and not with the Windows printers?
Let me know if you would like to advise me something on this.

Regards,
Rahul

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Ellison [mailto:t.p.ellison@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2008 6:36 PM
To: dev@harmony.apache.org
Subject: Re: Error in printing on the remote printer

Did you try this Rahul?  Hacking the Harmony code to proceed when it sees the version 1.0
response.

Regards,
Tim

Alexei Fedotov wrote:
> Rahul,
>
> I believe adding 1.0 support is quite straightforward. You might want
> commenting exception throwing in IppPrinter.java to detect the next
> place where your internet printer would miscomunicate to the client.
>
> Thanks.
>

> On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 11:41 AM, Srivastava, Rahul Kumar
> <rahul-kumar.srivastava@hp.com> wrote:
>> Hi  Alexei ,
>>  Thanks for your response, well it's clear to me now, adding to it, is there a way
we can change Harmony to support both 1.0 and 1.1 , the reason is all third party tool like
ShineSoft, Xerox IPP Client they support to both 1.0 and 1.1 version.
>> I have seen the request/response header for both the protocol which are quiet similar,
can we make the IPP client to work and support both 1.0 and 1.1?

>> Regards,
>> Rahul

configured for port 80 rather than 631. When I fixed that, I was able to contact to the remote
printer but now I am getting the following error :-To me it looks like a version issue.