harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Srivastava, Rahul Kumar" <rahul-kumar.srivast...@hp.com>
Subject RE: Error in printing on the remote printer
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2008 09:35:16 GMT

Hi ,
 I am trying to print on an Internet printer through the CUPS client, but not able to go through
that. I am getting the following error .Though whenever I am trying to access a printer which
lies  within my local area network then I am not getting this error, and printing going through.
I try using some third party tool like Xerox IPP Client tool and it is working perfectly.
Any idea what is this issue ?Thanks a lot for your help.

javax.print.PrintException: org.apache.harmony.x.print.ipp.IppException: Can't use ipp printer
<http://........>
IPP version: 60.72
Operation id/Status code: 0x544d
Request id: 0x4c3e3c48

        at org.apache.harmony.x.print.cups.CUPSClient.<init>(CUPSClient.java:101)
        at org.apache.harmony.x.print.cups.TestCUPSClient.main(TestCUPSClient.java:46)
Caused by: org.apache.harmony.x.print.ipp.IppException: Can't use ipp printer <http://........>
IPP version: 60.72
Operation id/Status code: 0x544d
Request id: 0x4c3e3c48

        at org.apache.harmony.x.print.ipp.IppPrinter.<init>(IppPrinter.java:87)
        at org.apache.harmony.x.print.cups.CUPSClient.<init>(CUPSClient.java:98)
        ... 1 more