harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] Reduced footprint class library
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2008 13:54:29 GMT
Chris Gray wrote:
<snip>

> I can see this working in Mika, in fact I'm tempted to implement it
> already. :-)

How are you getting on -- did you try it?!  I'm cracking on with the
'non-dynamic' model of removing the optional data in NIO_CHAR.

You can now go into the NIO_CHAR/make/excludesfile and specify
converters to drop from the Harmony provider.  That allows you to ditch
some esoteric charsets and save footprint, and in many cases the ICU
provider has an equivalent anyway.

By default you still get all Harmony's Java converters + native converters.

Regards,
Tim