harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error in printing on the remote printer
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2008 13:06:10 GMT
Did you try this Rahul?  Hacking the Harmony code to proceed when it
sees the version 1.0 response.

Regards,
Tim

Alexei Fedotov wrote:
> Rahul,
>
> I believe adding 1.0 support is quite straightforward. You might want
> commenting exception throwing in IppPrinter.java to detect the next
> place where your internet printer would miscomunicate to the client.
>
> Thanks.
>

> On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 11:41 AM, Srivastava, Rahul Kumar
> <rahul-kumar.srivastava@hp.com> wrote:
>> Hi  Alexei ,
>>  Thanks for your response, well it's clear to me now, adding to it, is there a way
we can change Harmony to support both 1.0 and 1.1 , the reason is all third party tool like
ShineSoft, Xerox IPP Client they support to both 1.0 and 1.1 version.
>> I have seen the request/response header for both the protocol which are quiet similar,
can we make the IPP client to work and support both 1.0 and 1.1?

>> Regards,
>> Rahul

configured for port 80 rather than 631. When I fixed that, I was able to contact to the remote
printer but now I am getting the following error :-To me it looks like a version issue.