harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [general]Mika and Harmony
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2008 12:56:05 GMT

In message <48D16361.5040305@gmail.com>, Tim Ellison writes:

> Chris Gray wrote:
> > [snip]
> >
> > If there are other people interested in creating smaller "profiles"
> > from Harmony then we could coƶperate on defining those profiles
> > and making them easy to build. We'd particularly like to define a
> > profile which is to Java5 as CDC/FP is to 1.4, if you see what I
> > mean. And we would be bringing a VM which can run those classes on a
> > lot of embedded platforms - ARM, MIPS, PowerPC, maybe soon SH4 too.
>
> Sounds good to me.  Let's see if anyone else is interested.

I am interested too.  It would be nice if whatever mechanism we use to
define a Java5-CDC/FP-equivalent profile is available to be exploited
by downstream users of harmony to produce their own profiles and build
artifacts to match them.

I'm also interested in helping with the porting of the classlib native
code to other platforms.

Regards,
 Mark.