harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Gray <chris.g...@kiffer.be>
Subject [general]Mika and Harmony
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2008 14:28:45 GMT
Hi All,

I'd like to re-raise the question of whether the Mika VM (<http://
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mika_VM>, <http://www.k-embedded-java.com/mika/trac/>)
has a role to play within the Harmony project. I discussed this previously
with Geir Magnusson, but that was before he moved on ...

Mika is a BSD-licensed VM designed for the JavaME CDC space; the class
libraries it uses are currently mostly its own but moving towards using
Harmony. Currently that movement is somewhat glacial (we have to dumb-down
Harmony to 1.4 compliance, which is boring work), but it will get a boost
once we start work on supporting Java5 features.

What do people think - does Mika have a role to play in Harmony or should we
just be "downstream" users of the Harmony classlibs?

Best rgards

Chris

Skype: k.embedded.chris