harmony-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Sian January" <sianjanu...@googlemail.com>
Subject [tools] Ok to commit HARMONY-5949?
Date Fri, 15 Aug 2008 13:31:29 GMT
Hello,

Will any committer support another check-in for policytool on the same
basis as HARMONY-5944 and HARMONY-5927?

Thanks,

Sian



On 12/08/2008, Sian January <sianjanuary@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Oliver - I've committed it at r685108.
>
> Sian
>
>
> On 12/08/2008, Oliver Deakin <oliver.deakin@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Sian,
> >
> > I support applying this patch. It should not alter the stability of the
> current code base as it is an incomplete tool and a timely commit is
> important to close out this GSoC project.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Oliver
> >
> >
> > Sian January wrote:
> >
> > > Hi everyone,
> > >
> > > I'd like to commit another patch for policytool.  As Oliver mentioned
> > > previously, the tool is incomplete and has no impact on the rest of the
> > > Harmony code base.  Also it's the last week of GSoC this week so it
> would be
> > > helpful to András if we can check it in so he can complete his project.
> Is
> > > there another commiter who will support this?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Sian
> > >
> > > ---------- Forwarded message ----------
> > > From: Oliver Deakin <oliver.deakin@googlemail.com>
> > > Date: 4 Aug 2008 15:58
> > > Subject: Re: [tools] Ok to commit HARMONY-5927?
> > > To: dev@harmony.apache.org
> > >
> > > Thanks Mark - I have applied the patch at repo revision r682413.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Oliver
> > >
> > >
> > > Mark Hindess wrote:
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > > In message <4896E237.7030806@googlemail.com>, Oliver
> Deakin writes:
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > > Hi all,
> > > > >
> > > > > Since we're in stability phase, I'm writing to request committer
> support
> > > > > for committing the patch supplied in HARMONY-5927. It is a patch
for
> > > > > policytool - since this tool is incomplete, I do not think this
> patch will
> > > > > cause us any instability for our milestone build. I do not feel that
> this
> > > > > patch needs to be included in the milestone build - i.e. we can keep
> the
> > > > > milestone at r681495 unless other important patches are applied -
as
> it is
> > > > > part of an incomplete tool. I do feel, however, that it would be
> useful for
> > > > > András' progress if we could apply this patch to the repository
now.
> > > > >
> > > > > Any committers support/object to this patch being applied?
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > +1
> > > >
> > > > As you say, there is no need to include this in M7.  However, if we
> end
> > > > up committing other changes for the M7 then there is no real harm in
> > > > including this change.  So, I see no reason to hold it back.
> > > >
> > > > Regards,
> > > >  Mark.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> > --
> > Oliver Deakin
> > Unless stated otherwise above:
> > IBM United Kingdom Limited - Registered in England and Wales with number
> 741598. Registered office: PO Box 41, North Harbour, Portsmouth, Hampshire
> PO6 3AU
> >
> >
>
>
>
> --
> Unless stated otherwise above:
> IBM United Kingdom Limited - Registered in England and Wales with number
> 741598.
> Registered office: PO Box 41, North Harbour, Portsmouth, Hampshire PO6 3AU


-- 
Unless stated otherwise above:
IBM United Kingdom Limited - Registered in England and Wales with number 741598.
Registered office: PO Box 41, North Harbour, Portsmouth, Hampshire PO6 3AU

Mime
View raw message