harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Sian January" <sianjanu...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [testing] first M7 candidate (r681495) testing status
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2008 10:50:52 GMT
Oliver has helped me track this down this morning, and it's occuring
because there are differences between the versions of
Throwable.initCause(..) in luni and in DRLVM.  According to the spec,
I think the test should be changed to check for IllegalStateException
instead of IllegalArgumentException and then I think the version of
Throwable in DRLVM should be changed to behave the same as the one in
luni.  However I don't think this is a big deal for M7 because I don't
think it's very serious and it's not a regression since M6.  What does
anyone else think?

Sian

On 13/08/2008, Sian January <sianjanuary@googlemail.com> wrote:
> I think the code is right and the test is wrong here, because the
> Javadoc for ServerCloneException says that "Invoking the method
> Throwable.initCause(Throwable) on an instance of ServerCloneException
> always throws IllegalStateException."
>
> What is really confusing me is how this can be passing for anyone
> else... The exclude list hasn't changed recently and I don't see how
> it could be VM dependent either.
>

> On 13/08/2008, Nathan Beyer <ndbeyer@apache.org> wrote:
> > On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 10:18 AM, Sian January
> > <sianjanuary@googlemail.com>wrote:
> >
> > > I am not seeing the management failures on my local (Windows) machine,
> > > but I'm seeing an rmi failure:
> > >

> > > org.apache.harmony.rmi.server.ServerCloneExceptionTest.test_Constructor_String
> > > Cause already initialized
> > > java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cause already initialized
> > > at java.lang.Throwable.initCause(Throwable.java:293)
> > > at
> > > org.apache.harmony.rmi.server.ServerCloneExceptionTest.test_Constructor_String(ServerCloneExceptionTest.java:70)
> > > at java.lang.reflect.AccessibleObject.invokeV(AccessibleObject.java:25)
> >

> > This test [1] is creating an exception and then passing itself into
> > 'initCause', which should throw IllegalArgumentException. Looking at the
> > code though, it does look like there's a bug, as 'null' is being passed to
> > the super() constructor, which will mess up Throwable, since it initializes
> > 'cause' to 'this', so Throwable will think the cause is already set.
> >
> > Did this test recently get removed from an exclusion list?
> >

> > [1]
> > http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/harmony/enhanced/classlib/trunk/modules/rmi/src/test/api/java/org/apache/harmony/rmi/server/ServerCloneExceptionTest.java?view=annotate
> >

> > > and an intermittent failure in java.net:
> > >

> > > org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.net.URLConnectionTest.test_getInputStream
> > >
> > > Error receiving content coded data:
> > > junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Error receiving content coded data:
> > > at tests.support.Support_HttpTests.runTests(Support_HttpTests.java:15)
> > > at
> > > org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.net.URLConnectionTest.test_getInputStream(URLConnectionTest.java:632)
> > > at java.lang.reflect.AccessibleObject.invokeV(AccessibleObject.java:25)
> > >
> > > Is anyone else seeing these?
> > >
> > > Sian

> > > get
> > > >
> > > org.apache.harmony.lang.management.tests.java.lang.management.MemoryPoolMXBeanTest
> > > case

> > > Does

One

> > > http://harmony.apache.org/subcomponents/buildtest/howto.html#Extended.
> > > figure

> > > with
> > > clean

> > > chunronglai@gmail.com

> > > <
> > > Hopefully we
> > > intermittent

> > > platforms:
DRLVM
VTS VM Test

to me.

> > > <
> > > > > > > >

> > > http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/harmony-dev/200805.mbox/%3c6e47b64f0805070304l38845ee0se01fb93fbfc05586@mail.gmail.com%3eand
> > > <

> > >  org.apache.harmony.lang.management.MemoryPoolMXBeanImplTest
> > > > > > > >

> > > org.apache.harmony.lang.management.tests.java.lang.management.MemoryPoolMXBeanTest

> > > that
> > > testing

> > > wastes

> > > recorded
> > > M6,
> > > and

> > > Linux
> > > x86_64, in
> > > Linux
> > > (FAILED
> > > recorded

Linux x86)

> > > api.java.security.cert.F_CertPathTest_06.F_CertPathTest_06
> > > > > > > >
> > > api.java.security.cert.F_CertPathTest_05.F_CertPathTest_05

> > > They
> > > > > > > >

> > > org.apache.harmony.jpda.tests.jdwp.DebuggerOnDemand.OnthrowDebuggerLaunchTest.testDebuggerLaunch001
> > > > > > > >

> > > org.apache.harmony.jpda.tests.jdwp.DebuggerOnDemand.OnthrowDebuggerLaunchTest.testDebuggerLaunch002
> > > > > > > >

> > > org.apache.harmony.jpda.tests.jdwp.DebuggerOnDemand.OnthrowDebuggerLaunchTest.testDebuggerLaunch003
> > > > > > > >

> > > org.apache.harmony.jpda.tests.jdwp.DebuggerOnDemand.OnthrowDebuggerLaunchTest.testDebuggerLaunch004
> > > > > > > >

> > > org.apache.harmony.jpda.tests.jdwp.Events.CombinedEventsTest.testCombinedEvents_04
> > > > > > > >

> > > org.apache.harmony.jpda.tests.jdwp.MultiSession.AttachConnectorTest.testAttachConnector001
> > > > > > > >

> > > org.apache.harmony.jpda.tests.jdwp.MultiSession.MethodEntryExitTest.testMethodEvent001
> > > > > > > >

> > > org.apache.harmony.jpda.tests.jdwp.MultiSession.ResumeTest.testResume
> > > > > > > >

> > > org.apache.harmony.jpda.tests.jdwp.MultiSession.ThreadEndTest.testThreadEnd001
> > > > > > > >

> > > org.apache.harmony.jpda.tests.jdwp.MultiSession.ThreadStartTest.testThreadStart001
> > > testing

> > > stress.org.apache.harmony.test.stress.jpda.jdwp.scenario.THREAD003.ThreadTest003
> > > > > > > >

> > > stress.org.apache.harmony.test.stress.jpda.jdwp.scenario.THREAD007.ThreadTest007
> > > > > > > >

> > > stress.org.apache.harmony.test.stress.jpda.jdwp.scenario.THREAD009.ThreadTest009
> > > > > > > >

> > > stress.org.apache.harmony.test.stress.jpda.jdwp.scenario.THREAD011.ThreadTest011

> > > stress.org.apache.harmony.test.stress.classloader.MixThreads.TreeClasses.testTreeClasses2
> > > > > > > >

> > > stress.org.apache.harmony.test.stress.classloader.NotSynchThreads.TreeClasses.testTreeClasses

> > > http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/harmony-dev/200805.mbox/%3c6e47b64f0805120106o387a49f1rfb2c33d1042d2f41@mail.gmail.com%3e
HARMONY-4569).