harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Sian January" <sianjanu...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [testing] first M7 candidate (r681495) testing status
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2008 10:00:23 GMT
I think the code is right and the test is wrong here, because the
Javadoc for ServerCloneException says that "Invoking the method
Throwable.initCause(Throwable) on an instance of ServerCloneException
always throws IllegalStateException."

What is really confusing me is how this can be passing for anyone
else... The exclude list hasn't changed recently and I don't see how
it could be VM dependent either.

On 13/08/2008, Nathan Beyer <ndbeyer@apache.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 10:18 AM, Sian January
> <sianjanuary@googlemail.com>wrote:
>
> > I am not seeing the management failures on my local (Windows) machine,
> > but I'm seeing an rmi failure:
> >

> > org.apache.harmony.rmi.server.ServerCloneExceptionTest.test_Constructor_String
> > Cause already initialized
> > java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cause already initialized
> > at java.lang.Throwable.initCause(Throwable.java:293)
> > at
> > org.apache.harmony.rmi.server.ServerCloneExceptionTest.test_Constructor_String(ServerCloneExceptionTest.java:70)
> > at java.lang.reflect.AccessibleObject.invokeV(AccessibleObject.java:25)
>

> This test [1] is creating an exception and then passing itself into
> 'initCause', which should throw IllegalArgumentException. Looking at the
> code though, it does look like there's a bug, as 'null' is being passed to
> the super() constructor, which will mess up Throwable, since it initializes
> 'cause' to 'this', so Throwable will think the cause is already set.
>
> Did this test recently get removed from an exclusion list?
>

> [1]
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/harmony/enhanced/classlib/trunk/modules/rmi/src/test/api/java/org/apache/harmony/rmi/server/ServerCloneExceptionTest.java?view=annotate
>

> > and an intermittent failure in java.net:
> >

> > org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.net.URLConnectionTest.test_getInputStream
> >
> > Error receiving content coded data:
> > junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Error receiving content coded data:
> > at tests.support.Support_HttpTests.runTests(Support_HttpTests.java:15)
> > at
> > org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.net.URLConnectionTest.test_getInputStream(URLConnectionTest.java:632)
> > at java.lang.reflect.AccessibleObject.invokeV(AccessibleObject.java:25)
> >
> > Is anyone else seeing these?
> >
> > Sian
> >
> > On 12/08/2008, chunrong lai <chunronglai@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >   Thanks.
> > >   I think the standard scripts produce that site although I always added
> > > publish/e-mail notification setup before install/run the test suites.
> > >   It is understandable that some tests in classlib-test and drlvm-test
> > get
> > > failing report. We just need to understand the failures.
> > >   As reported in M6,
> > > org.apache.harmony.lang.management.MemoryPoolMXBeanImplTest,
> > >
> > org.apache.harmony.lang.management.tests.java.lang.management.MemoryPoolMXBeanTest
> > > etc fail classlib-test.
> > >   Also we observed that java.lang.ClassGenericsTest.test_2 sometimes fail
> > > drlvm-test.
> > >   Another timeout issue of drlvm-test comes from
> > > thread.SmallStackThreadTest_jit, as discussed in HARMONY-4601, the test
> > case
> > > may run very slow when system resource is tight and finally introduce a
> > > timeout. Re-running the suite generally fixes the timeout.

> [...]
VM Test

to me.
M6.

> > <
> > > > > > >

> > http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/harmony-dev/200805.mbox/%3c6e47b64f0805070304l38845ee0se01fb93fbfc05586@mail.gmail.com%3eand
> > <

> >  org.apache.harmony.lang.management.MemoryPoolMXBeanImplTest
> > > > > > >

> > org.apache.harmony.lang.management.tests.java.lang.management.MemoryPoolMXBeanTest

> > that
> > testing

> > wastes

M6,