harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "chunrong lai" <chunrong...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [testing] first M7 candidate (r681495) testing status
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2008 02:18:14 GMT
 I understand that CruiseControl does trigger the test suite running. But
some test suites themselves (classlib, dacapo etc) do require GUI support.
So in Linux one needs to run cruisecontrol ("ant run-cc") in an environment
with X-connection (for example, in X, vnc-client) instead of text-mode
client (putty, ssh, term etc).

On 8/14/08, Nathan Beyer <ndbeyer@apache.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 8:58 PM, chunrong lai <chunronglai@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > (1) M7 status is got in Fedora distros and M6/M5 status were got in SuSe
> > Linux distros.
> > (2) According to the stacktrace
> > ( java.awt.Toolkit.init,  java.awt.SystemColor.<init>) of the
> > java.beans.Encoder error (I have not observed such error reports in
> previous
> > logs),  I guess the problem is from GUI system initialization. Is
> > X-connection available in your testing? In my understanding that is
> required
> > to run classlib test.
>
> It's running under CruiseControl, like the howto suggested, how do you
> do an X-connection with that?
>

> > On 8/14/08, Nathan Beyer <ndbeyer@apache.org> wrote:
> >>
> >> What Linux distro is it? I'm running Ubuntu and I'm seeing some
> >> different issues.
> >>
> >> I'm getting this failure -
> >>
> >> java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
> >> at java.lang.reflect.VMField.getObject(VMField.java)
> >> at java.lang.reflect.Field.get(Field.java:163)
> >> at
> >>
> java.beans.StaticFieldPersistenceDelegate.init(StaticFieldPersistenceDelegate.java:36)
> >> at
> >>
> java.beans.AwtSystemColorPersistenceDelegate.<clinit>(AwtSystemColorPersistenceDelegate.java:28)
> >> at java.beans.Encoder.<clinit>(Encoder.java:124)
> >> at
> >>
> java.beans.ArrayPersistenceDelegateTest.testInstantiate_Normal(ArrayPersistenceDelegateTest.java:130)
> >> at java.lang.reflect.VMReflection.invokeMethod(VMReflection.java)
> >> Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
> >> at java.awt.Toolkit.init(Toolkit.java:566)
> >> at java.awt.Toolkit.<init>(Toolkit.java:540)
> >> at java.awt.ToolkitImpl.<init>(ToolkitImpl.java:40)
> >> at java.awt.Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit(Toolkit.java:472)
> >> at java.awt.SystemColor.<init>(SystemColor.java:143)
> >> at java.awt.SystemColor.<clinit>(SystemColor.java:91)
> >> at java.lang.reflect.VMField.getObject(VMField.java)
> >> ... 18 more
> >>
> >> Then a bunch of NoClassDefFoundErrors for java.beans.Encoder.

> reported
> >> in
> >> test
> cycle,
> >> >

> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/harmony/enhanced/buildtest/trunk/tools/snapshot/snapshots-table/
> >> )
> add
> quality.
> >> know.

> >> Linux
> clean
> >> pass

> chunronglai@gmail.com

> we
> >> testing
> >> another
> intermittent

> platforms:
> >> Ant
> >> regression
Test
> >> Suite.

> >> observe
> >> look
> >> Overall I

M6
> >> testing
> >> > > >

> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/harmony-dev/200805.mbox/%3c6e47b64f0805070304l38845ee0se01fb93fbfc05586@mail.gmail.com%3eand
> >> comparison).

> org.apache.harmony.lang.management.tests.java.lang.management.MemoryPoolMXBeanTest

> >> (Failed
> >> (Failed

> that
> >> but