harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Jim Yu" <junjie0...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib][util] java.util.Date.toString output is inconsistent with RI
Date Wed, 27 Aug 2008 09:09:36 GMT
Hi all,

I took a look at [1] and found that we can remove the delegation to
SimpleDateFormat since we only use the en-us locale here.
I think we can easily implement this method instead of delegating to
SimpleDateFormat. Then, this defect can be easily resolved.
Moreover, invoking SimpleDateFormat will lead to low performance of this
API. For a simple testcase as below [2], the original
result is 119667 millisecs while the result after applying my patch is only
1140 millisecs. I've attached my patch to this JIRA.
Is there anyone to verify the patch? Thanks.

[2]
import java.util.Date;

public class DateToStringTest {

        Date date = new Date();
        long count = 100000;
        System.out.println(date.toString());
        while(--count != 0) {
              date.toString();
        }
        System.out.println(System.currentTimeMillis() - start);
    }
}
--
Best Regards,