harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Xiao-Feng Li" <xiaofeng...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question about distributing a smaller foot print of the JRE
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2008 03:10:46 GMT
I think that should be easy to leave out some unused Classlib
packages. That is one of the design target to manage the packages
independently with OSGI.

There should be also opportunity to reduce the distribution size of
DRLVM. For example, not all the JIT optimizations or GC algorithms are
needed all the time. But it requires to touch the source code, so it
is not so straightforward as with Classlib.

Thanks,
xiaofeng

--
http://xiao-feng.blogspot.com