harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew Cornwall" <andrew.pack...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question about distributing a smaller foot print of the JRE
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2008 00:19:55 GMT
You'll run into a few interdependencies. A number of modules have API that
requires Swing/AWT (such as beans - BeanInfo has a getIcon() method).
Sometimes the core depends on things in other modules (String.split()) needs
regex, and a number of modules like logging use split() - although you can
recode them so they don't.) In general, it's a little effort to make things
smaller, but definitely not impossible.