harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Tharindu Mathew" <mcclou...@gmail.com>
Subject [GSoC] Completion of harmony-demo-1
Date Sun, 24 Aug 2008 08:25:49 GMT
Hi everyone,

GSoC 2008 is almost over and harmony-demo-1 is almost wrapped up.

Out of the 104 tests [1] that were to be fixed only 3 remain that fail.
These are,

    * java/awt/ComponentTest
    * javax/swing/text/CompositeView_VisualPositionTest - Partially fixed
    * javax/swing/text/GapContent_InternalTest

Each had an associated problem with it that made it unable for me to solve
the issues. I'm still working on these to fix them up as much as possible.

This project provided me with an enormous experience in areas such as
testing, b, debugging, bug fixing and code refactoring. I specially learnt a
lot on debugging multithreaded scenarios, which I didn't know how to
approach before.

I'd like to thank my mentors Alexei Zakharov and Alexei Fedotov, and
everyone else for helping me throughout the project.

I hope I contributed something useful to the progress of Harmony through my
work.

Regards,

Tharindu

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/general/TharinduMathew/GSoC2008/harmony-demo-1