harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Aleksey Shipilev" <aleksey.shipi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Announcing Jikes RVM 3.0 + Apache Harmony!
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2008 16:43:58 GMT
Thanks a lot, Ian!

What a coincidence, I started building Jikes RVM three hours ago, when
the latest version was 2.9.3 :) I had googled around and see "Apache
Harmony classlib support" in JIRAs, but stuck with build system that
can't understand what do I want from it.

Time to get Jikes RVM 3.0! I would report back on my progress.

A couple of starter questions though:
 1. Can I point Jikes RVM build system the location of my own Harmony
classlib trunk?
 2. (legal, more to Tim) Are CPL and APL compatible? Can I study
CPL-licensed code and contribute back to Harmony DRLVM? Can I
contribute APL-licensed code to JikesRVM?

Thanks,
Aleksey.