harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Rogers <rogers.em...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Announcing Jikes RVM 3.0 + Apache Harmony!
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2008 18:32:54 GMT
Aleksey Shipilev wrote:
> Thanks a lot, Ian!
>
> What a coincidence, I started building Jikes RVM three hours ago, when
> the latest version was 2.9.3 :) I had googled around and see "Apache
> Harmony classlib support" in JIRAs, but stuck with build system that
> can't understand what do I want from it.
>
> Time to get Jikes RVM 3.0! I would report back on my progress.
>
> A couple of starter questions though:
>  1. Can I point Jikes RVM build system the location of my own Harmony
> classlib trunk?

I'm afraid I haven't written the build to do this but it would be a
great extension, please open JIRA issues. There may also be some issues
as we use some CFLAGS when building Harmony.

>  2. (legal, more to Tim) Are CPL and APL compatible? Can I study
> CPL-licensed code and contribute back to Harmony DRLVM? Can I
> contribute APL-licensed code to JikesRVM?

I hope this is ok, but it's worth discussing this on our mailing lists
too. Possibly Michael Hind knows.

Thanks,
Ian