harmony-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Nathan Beyer" <ndbe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [testing] first M7 candidate (r681495) testing status
Date Sat, 23 Aug 2008 02:31:03 GMT
Hmm. I guess I'm not familiar enough with what's be tested.

Given your final statement, should we add some checking to the build
scripts that test the build system-level locale and and error out if
it's not support. If not erroring out, then skipping these tests with
a big warning message.

-Nathan

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 7:48 AM, Gregory Shimansky
<gshimansky@apache.org> wrote:
> Nathan Beyer said the following on 21.08.2008 17:51:
>>
>> Can we tweak the Locale during the test case, so that the Locale
>> matches the fixture data?
>
> The locale during test case is not enough. It is locale during build time is
> what is important. Test produce lots of classes with international
> characters in their names. These classes have to be somehow written to the
> file system when they are compiled.
>
> If system locale is set to some value that doesn't support some
> international characters, then compiled class files contain "?" symbols in
> their names. Obviously class files with such names cannot be found later
> when they are searched by class loader.
>
> I don't know in which international characters are used in the tests, but it
> looks like they weren't picked up from a particular language but were
> selected randomly from the whole possible set of the unicode symbols.
>
> So only with locales that are truly unicode, not some subset of it (e.g "C",
> "ASCII", "POSIX", "ru_RU.KOI8-R, zh_CN.GB2312 are all subsets for some
> particular language and don't support any other languages), it is possibly
> to successfully build and execute these tests.
>
>> On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 8:36 AM, Gregory Shimansky
>> <gshimansky@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> chunrong lai said the following on 21.08.2008 6:51:
>>>>
>>>> hi,:
>>>>  I got an update about the failure in java.lang.ClassGenericsTest.test_2
>>>> in
>>>> DRLVM_test.
>>>>  I see the test case is using some harded-UTF-encoded class-name during
>>>> the
>>>> test. So the test only passes if the locale is set to "en_US.UTF-8" or
>>>> "zh_CN.utf8". If the locale is set to "C" or "zh_CN.GB2312" it just
>>>> fails.
>>>> RI also can not pass the test case in such locales. So it looks like a
>>>> test
>>>> case (or environment setting) problem.
>>>
>>> Yes, I investigated this test's failure two years ago :) See [1] and
>>> replies
>>> from Salikh, Alexey and Rana.
>>>
>>> [1] http://markmail.org/message/ku3juqhnyhysy5gb
>>>
>>> --
>>> Gregory
>>>
>>>
>
>
> --
> Gregory
>
>

Mime
View raw message