harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Nathan Beyer" <nbe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [vote] Declare r681495 as M7
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2008 00:46:51 GMT
nathan:~$ update-alternatives --display javap
javap - status is auto.
 link currently points to /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/bin/javap
/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/bin/javap - priority 63
 slave javap.1.gz: /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/man/man1/javap.1.gz
Current `best' version is /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/bin/javap.

Perhaps using 'javap' isn't the most stable/portable approach. Can we
use one of the bytecode libraries we have already and run the class
files through that?

-Nathan

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 8:29 AM, Mark Hindess
<mark.hindess@googlemail.com> wrote:

> I've given Sian access to an ubuntu 64-bit machine.  However, I get
> different errors - I'm using a javap from a harmony-5.0-jdk debian
> package that I'm testing for M7.
>
> Nathan, what javap are you using?  The output from:
>
>  update-alternatives --display javap
>
> might help.  Then I should be able to reproduce your environment more
> accurately.
>
> -Mark
>
> In message <fc2fc95c0808190402i29238943xec3a7065e155f1ae@mail.gmail.com>, "Sian
>  January" writes:
>>
>> Ok - thanks.  I have not seen this before and unfortunately I don't
>> have access to a 64-bit Ubuntu machine to try it out.  It's possibly
>> happening because your version of javap has a bug in it or prints
>> things in a different order, but I would need to look at the class
>> file to find this out.
>>
>> Would you be able to run unpack200 manually against HelloWorld.pack
>> and send me the resulting jar if you have time?  HelloWorld.pack is
>> under pack200/src/test/resources/org/apache/harmony/pack200/tests.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Sian
>>
>> On 19/08/2008, Nathan Beyer <ndbeyer@apache.org> wrote:
>> > Test:           testWithSql
>> > Class:          org.apache.harmony.unpack200.tests.ArchiveTest
>> >
>> > junit.framework.ComparisonFailure: expected:<[ LocalVariableTable: ]>
>> > but was:<[]>
>> >        at org.apache.harmony.unpack200.tests.ArchiveTest.testWithSql(Archiv
>> eTest.java:94)
>> >        at java.lang.reflect.VMReflection.invokeMethod(VMReflection.java)
>> > Test:   testHelloWorld
>> > Class:          org.apache.harmony.unpack200.tests.SegmentTest
>> >
>> > junit.framework.ComparisonFailure: expected:<[ LocalVariableTable: ]>
>> > but was:<[]>
>> >        at org.apache.harmony.unpack200.tests.SegmentTest.testHelloWorld(Seg
>> mentTest.java:125)
>> >        at java.lang.reflect.VMReflection.invokeMethod(VMReflection.java)

>> oryPoolMXBeanTest
>> veTest
>> ntTest

>> erLaunchTest