harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Nathan Beyer" <ndbe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [vote] Declare r681495 as M7
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2008 03:12:32 GMT
I suspect that the PermissionCollectionTest failure began with this
commit - http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=612718. As of
this commit, SimpleTimeZone began delegating to ICU's TimeZone
classes, which end up loading the class ICUDebug [1], which performs a
System.getProperty("java.version") inline without catching a
SecurityException.

It looks like we need to add a privileged block around this bit of code.

[1] http://source.icu-project.org/repos/icu/icu4j/tags/release-3-8-1/src/com/ibm/icu/impl/ICUDebug.java

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 9:04 PM, chunrong lai <chunronglai@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have not checked when the PermissionCollectionTest issue started but I can
> see the failure in M6 so I think it is not a new bug.
> http://people.apache.org/~smishura/r653525/Linux_x86_64/classlib-test/tests/api/java/security/1390_PermissionCollectionTest.html<http://people.apache.org/~smishura/r653525/Linux_x86_64/classlib-test/>
>
> The page http://people.apache.org/~chunrong/harmony-integrity/ includes the
> integrity testing results of the four platforms, with less test suites than
> the snapshot testing cycle. I see that the results of win32 is not worse
> than the other three platforms there.
>

> On 8/19/08, Nathan Beyer <ndbeyer@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Is there a bug logged for the PermissionCollectionTest issue?
>>
>> Additionally, I thought you mentioned that you had a linux x86_64 box
>> running. The integration test page that's referenced for this vote
>> shows Windows 64 and Linux 32. What about Windows 32?
>>
>> -Nathan
>>
>> On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 11:51 PM, chunrong lai <chunronglai@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> >  Thanks for the sharing. It is strange that I did not observe the
>> unpack200
>> > failures.
>> >  Other classlib failures are not new. The guity commit of the management
>> > failures has been identified as r644719.
>> >  The issues in jdktools-test are "timeouts" in our testing. They are not
>> new
>> > either. Moreover the standalone running, for example "java -cp
>> >
>> "/home/laichunrong/apache-ant-1.6.5/lib/junit.jar:./infra/build/checkouts/jdktools/build/tests/classes/"
>> > org.apache.harmony.jpda.tests.jdwp.MultiSession.ResumeTest" just report
>> "OK"
>> > here (should set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include
>> >
>> ./infra/build/checkouts/jdktools/modules/jpda/src/main/native/jdwp/unix/transport).
>> > So
>> > I do not think that they are blockers for now.
>> >  Thanks.

>> org.apache.harmony.lang.management.tests.java.lang.management.MemoryPoolMXBeanTest

>> org.apache.harmony.jpda.tests.jdwp.DebuggerOnDemand.OnthrowDebuggerLaunchTest
>> >>

>> org.apache.harmony.jpda.tests.jdwp.DebuggerOnDemand.OnthrowDebuggerLaunchTest
>> >>

>> org.apache.harmony.jpda.tests.jdwp.DebuggerOnDemand.OnthrowDebuggerLaunchTest
>> >>

>> org.apache.harmony.jpda.tests.jdwp.DebuggerOnDemand.OnthrowDebuggerLaunchTest

>> testResume      org.apache.harmony.jpda.tests.jdwp.MultiSession.ResumeTest

>> results

>> number
PO6