harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Leslie <ian.les...@lesliesoftware.com>
Subject Question about distributing a smaller foot print of the JRE
Date Sat, 23 Aug 2008 11:41:19 GMT
I have been watching Harmony's progress for a little while now and am
very excited about using Harmony with my application.  I have done
some testing and am quite pleased with it.  However I cannot find
information about how to distribute a JRE that has a smaller foot
print than the full version.  I am hoping that there will be a way to
download or create myself such a package.  Am I correct - when
Harmony is complete will I be able to create a smaller foot print
distribution for my application?

My application is using eclipse RCP for the GUI and therefore has no
need for any of the Swing libraries.  There are other portions of the
standard classes that it does not need either and I have always
wanted to ship something smaller than the ~60M foot print of the
JRE.  Can I expect to accomplish that from the Harmony project?

Thanks,

Ian