harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [vote] Declare r681495 as M7
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2008 07:57:22 GMT

In message <3b3f27c60808191746h7a5dd82arad5647ddcaadef50@mail.gmail.com>,
"Nathan Beyer" writes:

> nathan:~$ update-alternatives --display javap
> javap - status is auto.
>  link currently points to /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/bin/javap
> /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/bin/javap - priority 63
>  slave javap.1.gz: /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/man/man1/javap.1.gz
> Current `best' version is /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/bin/javap.

Hopefully Sian will provide a quick fix for this common case.  In the
meantime, what is you position on M7?  Do you think M7 needs a fix for
this issue?  Are there other must-fix issues that you consider blockers?

I would not be unhappy to release r681495 as M7 since these are test
issues rather than code issues and we have released with failures due
to bad tests before.  So I vote +1 on this thread.

Of course, if Sian can provide a prompt fix for this test issue then she
has my +1 to commit it and we can start another vote.

> Perhaps using 'javap' isn't the most stable/portable approach. Can we
> use one of the bytecode libraries we have already and run the class
> files through that?

I'm sure Sian is considering other options for M8. ;-)

-Mark