harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [vote] Declare r681495 as M7
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2008 14:09:29 GMT

Ok.  Using our incomplete javap is probably a bad idea so I've re-run the
same tests with a sun javap from:

  Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 10.0-b23, mixed mode)

And now I get the same errors as you.  Hopefully now Sian can see
what the problem is.

-Mark.

In message <200808191329.m7JDTR1p017645@d06av03.portsmouth.uk.ibm.com>,
Mark Hindess writes:

> I've given Sian access to an ubuntu 64-bit machine.  However, I get
> different errors - I'm using a javap from a harmony-5.0-jdk debian
> package that I'm testing for M7.
>
> Nathan, what javap are you using?  The output from:
>
>   update-alternatives --display javap
>
> might help.  Then I should be able to reproduce your environment more
> accurately.
>
> -Mark
>
> In message <fc2fc95c0808190402i29238943xec3a7065e155f1ae@mail.gmail.com>, "Si
> an
>  January" writes:
> >
> > Ok - thanks.  I have not seen this before and unfortunately I don't
> > have access to a 64-bit Ubuntu machine to try it out.  It's possibly
> > happening because your version of javap has a bug in it or prints
> > things in a different order, but I would need to look at the class
> > file to find this out.
> >
> > Would you be able to run unpack200 manually against HelloWorld.pack
> > and send me the resulting jar if you have time?  HelloWorld.pack is
> > under pack200/src/test/resources/org/apache/harmony/pack200/tests.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Sian
> >
> > On 19/08/2008, Nathan Beyer <ndbeyer@apache.org> wrote:
> > > Test:           testWithSql
> > > Class:          org.apache.harmony.unpack200.tests.ArchiveTest
> > >
> > > junit.framework.ComparisonFailure: expected:<[ LocalVariableTable: ]>
> > > but was:<[]>
> > >        at org.apache.harmony.unpack200.tests.ArchiveTest.testWithSql(Arch
> iv
> > eTest.java:94)
> > >        at java.lang.reflect.VMReflection.invokeMethod(VMReflection.java)
> > > Test:   testHelloWorld
> > > Class:          org.apache.harmony.unpack200.tests.SegmentTest
> > >
> > > junit.framework.ComparisonFailure: expected:<[ LocalVariableTable: ]>
> > > but was:<[]>
> > >        at org.apache.harmony.unpack200.tests.SegmentTest.testHelloWorld(S
> eg
> > mentTest.java:125)
> > >        at java.lang.reflect.VMReflection.invokeMethod(VMReflection.java)

The