harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey Petrenko" <alexey.a.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem running harmony on Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy)
Date Sat, 19 Jul 2008 17:31:25 GMT
2008/7/19 Senaka Fernando <senakafdo@gmail.com>:
> Hi Alexey,
> Thanks for the reply. But a few questions.
>
> On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 10:43 PM, Alexey Petrenko <
> alexey.a.petrenko@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> As far as I remember the cause of this issue is in binary built icu...
> I believe you mean that I'm using a pre-built ICU, in case which I'll have
> to build one on my platform?
No, I mean that Harmony uses prebuilt icu libraries and that libraries
are connected to specific version of libstdc++.

>> We have to snapshot version for Linux: v5 and v6.
> What do you mean by Linux v5 and v6 snapshots?
I mean that we have two different versions of snapshots: one for
libstdc++.so.5 based linuxes and another one for libstdc++.so.6 based.
http://harmony.apache.org/download.cgi#Stable

Harmony build uses libstdc++.so.5 specific icu by default. There is a
build option switch it to libstdc++.so.6... something like
"-Duse.libstdc++..."
I do not remember the exact name and do not have sources on hands to check.

So you can search build files for the option name yourself :)

Good luck! :)

SY, Alexey