harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Changrui Yuan" <yua...@gmail.com>
Subject [drlvm][jitrino.jet]: Question about JFrame
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2008 06:14:55 GMT
    Hi, all. This is my first time to send an email to the mailing list.
Hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance.
    I am currently reading the source code about method invocation in
Harmony. I find the JET compiler maintains the operand stack and local array
in a structure called JFrame. If I push an immediate number to the operand
stack, the compiler can get this number from the operand stack later. When
there is a method invocation, the callee will create a new instance of
JFrame. Does this new JFrame have any connection with the caller's JFrame?
In some JVM implementation, the caller's operand stack becomes callee's
local array for arguments passing. But I cannot find this part in Harmony
source code. My current understanding is that these two JFrames are not
related. The arguments are pushed to the native stack for the callee to
access. My goal is that the caller pushes an immediate number to its operand
stack as an argument and later the callee can get this operand. If the
arguments are pushed into the native stack for passing, I don't know how the
callee can access this immediate number.
    I am really confused right now. Hope someone can help me. Thanks a lot!

   Best regards,

Changrui