harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Sean Qiu" <sean.xx....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Enabling additional errors/warnings when developing Harmony code
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2008 01:36:48 GMT
Sure, it is helpful to find out some potential defects that we may overlook.

Do you mean to refine all exist code in our trunk?
Remove all these warnings should be a huge job...

If you mean we should open these checking from now on.
I totally agree, and i think most of us have already do this.

In fact, i am using a more powerful tool called Checkstyle[1] to do this.
Checkstyle provides many checks[2] that we can apply to our sourcecode.
I have customer it a bit to make it more suitable for our code.
I suggest everyone can try this. It may help you to avoid many minor mistakes.
And it also has an Eclipse plug-in[3] to facilitate matters.

1. http://checkstyle.sourceforge.net/
2. http://checkstyle.sourceforge.net/availablechecks.html
3. http://eclipse-cs.sourceforge.net/

--