harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Senaka Fernando" <senaka...@gmail.com>
Subject Problem running harmony on Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy)
Date Sat, 19 Jul 2008 17:05:23 GMT
Hi all,

After successfully building harmony i tried to run a jar and ran into the
following problem.

./java -showversion -jar test.jar
Apache Harmony Launcher : (c) Copyright 1991, 2008 The Apache Software
Foundation or its licensors, as applicable.
Failed to open JVM DLL:
/home/senaka/harmony/trunk/target/hdk/jdk/jre/bin/default/harmonyvm
(libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)

Am I missing something here? I have libstdc++.so.6 but not libstdc++.so.5.
But, why does Harmony want a specific version?

Regards,
Senaka